What is Holistic Counseling?
- It is based on the assumption that we all have the innate capacity for change and healing.
- It regards each client, not their condition, as the center of focus in treatment.
- It integrates multiple evidence-based approaches to the process of psychotherapy.
- It regards the mind, body, and spirit as equally important in the cultivation of well-being.
- It encourages compassionate, mindful awareness of one’s whole experience.
- It encourages reflection, contemplation, and a gradual opening to one’s deeper experience.
- It emphasizes the replacement of old negative habits and new positive patterns for optimal healing.
- It offers a powerful and direct way to become aware of choices and expanded capacity for actualization of potential.
What Issues Can Benefit From Holistic Counseling?
- Alcohol and Substance Use
- Generalized Anxiety
- Depression and Grief
- Acute Stress and Post-Trauma
- Obsession and Compulsion
- Body-image, Eating and Exercise Disorders
- Relational Discord
- Life Transitions